Chalk 123

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Curriculum Corner

Numbers: Each day offers several natural opportunities for us to practice counting. In addition, this month the numbers 3 and 4 will receive special attention.



Alphabet Letters & Sounds: I am delighted with how well our new students are learning the Zoo Phonics animal characters and their sounds. Although it may be awhile before they fully connect them with the letters of the alphabet, this program provides a good phonics foundation. Also, we will focus particularly on the letters E, F, G, and H.



Shapes & Colors: This month we will learn the basic properties of a square and observe the many squares and the color yellow in our environment.



Personal Responsibility: 1. Waiting our turn to speak
2. Sitting on the mat properly



Good Citizen Skills: 1. Friendship - including everyone





Advanced Curriculum: The above skills represents the curriculum found in most standard preschools and will continue to be the foundation of our learning. However, as I observe students mastering the basics, I strive to challenge them. During Learning Stations I have the opportunity to work with individual students at their level. Currently, we are doing some work with basic word building(CVC -consonant, vowel, consonant) and this month we will focus on the "at" and "et" word families. (ie- cat, hat, mat and bet, jet, wet)

0 comments: